6 Strategies to Beat the Heat
- Skip dark colors and opt for white or light-colored neutrals. They’ll absorb less heat.
- If sweating is a problem, avoid solid silks or heavy linens. They’ll both show stains.
- Opt for natural fabrics like cotton. There are synthetic, high-tech materials on the market, but it’s hard to improve on cotton, which works to wick away moisture from your skin.
- Take advantage of open-weave fabrics like mesh or pieces made of eyelet. The looser weaves have built-in ventilation.
- Choose relaxed silhouettes like gauze sundresses, filmy camisoles or breezy skirts. Avoid too-tight anything: it’s unbearable in the heat.
- Lighten your load by trading a huge handbag for a smaller, lighter bag.
No comments yet.