ASSOCIATE INVESTMENT OFFICER
International Finance corporation, the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is the largest multilateral provider o financing for private enterprise in emerging markets. IFC provides loans, equity structured finance and risk management products, as well as advisory services to businesses and governments.
JFC is pursuing a dynamic growth strategy with a particular focus on expanding its investment operations in East Asia Pacific. To strengthen its regional business development capabilities in the Oil & Gas, Mining and Chemicals sector, the Corporation is seeking to recruit an Associate Investment Officer to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
ASSOCIATE INVESTMENT OFFICER – OIL & GAS, MINING AND CHEMICALS
Duties and Accountabilities
• Promote IFC s business development efforts through a systematic regional company/sector research and analysis of new investment opportunities.
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships with the Oil & Gas, Mining and Chemicals sector throughout East Asia Pacific region to ensure responsive client service and to develop and enhance new business opportunities.
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC s business development efforts.
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements: create financial models.
• Participate in investment negotiations with the regional Oil & Gas, Mining and Chemicals companies.
• Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies with respect to their compliance with financial, environmental & social, and legal requirements.
• Liaise with colleagues across departments in the region and at Headquarters in Washington DC
• Preferably MBA or equivalent degree with specialization in finance, accounting, economics or a related field;
• At least 4-6 years experience of investment portfolio and new business development in a financial institution or equivalent in an Oil& Gas, Mining or Chemicals company with a proven track record;
• Strong financial, analytical and modeling solving skills, sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Experience in Oil & Gas, Mining or Chemicals sector a plus;
• Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams, across boundaries, and a regional scope;
• Commitment to economic development in emerging markets;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, both oral and written;
• Strong team spirit to fit in a country office team;
Please send your application online through
Closing date for applications is September 21, 2008.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. No telephone calls, faxes or mail will be accepted. Please note that ONLY short-listed candidates will be notified.
No comments yet.