Scholarship – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) – ADB
ADB – Japan Scholarship Program and Fulbright Presidential Scholarship 2009 2010
ADB – Japan Scholarship Program, School of International Health University
of Tokyo University of
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan. It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. The ADB-JSP enrolls about 300 students annually in 20 academic institutions located in 10 countries within the Region.
School of International Health, University of Tokyo is one of institutions participating in this ADB-JSP scholarship program.
Below is one of programs offered :
* Master/Doctorate in Public Health (International Health)
The scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. The maximum duration of scholarship award is two years for masters and doctorate programs.
The ADB-JSP provides full scholarships for one to two years.
* travel expenses
* medical insurance
* an allowance for books and instructional materials
* a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
* full tuition fees
* Should agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies under the Program.
* Staff of participating academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
* Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
* Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of the other international organizations are not eligible for the Scholarship.
* Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the Scholarship.
* A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
* Gained admission to an approved post graduate course in any of the participating academic institutions. (School of International Health, University of Tokyo)
* A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
* At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience
* Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
* Not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
* In good health.
Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Prof. Masamine Jimba
Professor, Department of International Cummunity Health,
School of International Health,
Graduate School of Medicine
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku Tokyo
(Attn: Director, School of International Health) Graduate School of Medicine
Or you can also visit ADB- Japan Scholarship Program’s website at www.adb.org/jsp for detail information about this program